ISO 22000 - FOOD SAFETY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM STANDARD
A Food Safety Management System that is designed to help organisations to meet the requirements and combines the following generally recognized key elements to ensure food safety along the food chain, up to the point of final consumption:
— Interactive communication;
— System management;
— Prerequisite programmes;
— HACCP principles
Benefits of ISO 22000:2018
- Demonstrate compliance with applicable statutory and regulatory food safety requirements
- Effectively communicate the food safety issues to your suppliers, customers and relevant interested parties in the food chain
- Organise your processes to ensure food safety
- Increase customer confidence in the safety and quality of food they purchased
- Transition from ISO 22000:2005 to ISO 22000:2018
- All ISO standards are reviewed and revised regularly to make sure they remain relevant to the marketplace. ISO 22000:2018 encompasses the latest trends and food safety requirements and is a timely response to the rising global challenges facing the food industry.
- ISO 22000:2005 certified companies must complete the transition to ISO 22000:2018 before June-2021.